Today I thought I would give you a list of a few foods that are currently “working” for me. These are foods that are quick, satisfying, and low in sodium.
1. Minute Rice Ready to Serve Brown and Wild Rice- This is convenient for me when Gary is working late. I usually eat it with chicken or fish. Also comes in white or brown rice.
2. Chicken of the Sea Skinless, Boneless Pink Salmon in Pouch- These are great for lunch salads or a sandwich.
3. Birds Eye Steamfresh Selects- I use these for any vegetable I can’t get fresh or from the garden. My favorite is the Baby Brussels Sprouts.
4. Dannon Plain Greek Yogurt- I was already a fan of plain yogurt and often use it as a dip for fruit or as a substitute for sour cream. However, this is the best!! Also great blended with frozen fruit as a substitute for ice cream.
5. Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal- I love this stuff! Usually top with ¼ cup blueberries and 1tbs. chopped walnuts.
6. Alexia Foods Select Sides- Good vegetable combos, great flavor, and low sodium! They also make sweet potato fries.
I’m also cooking vegetables from the garden and eating lots of fresh salads with plenty of tomatoes and some avocado.
Have a delicious day!