I’m having a lazy day today. I have already watered and walked and taken some photos and done a load of laundry and fed the animals. In a few minutes I’ll go to the genealogy library and work for about three hours. But I didn’t awaken with any deep wisdom. I wasn’t eager to share any news or views. So you will have to settle for a few questions that have been bouncing around in my head this week. Maybe you can tell me the answers and I will blog those! In the meantime, enjoy the images from my morning walk.
1. If immigration is a federal issue and the federal government is supposed to take care of it, why haven’t they? Why has it become such a crisis, especially for the border states? We have been talking about this issue since I was a little kid working side by side with illegal aliens, yet we have not solved the problem.
2. Why are soap operas still on the air? Honestly…someone explain it to me.
3. Who in the world watches Maury?? Why???
4. Is it my imagination or are more women getting more and bigger tattoos? Again…why?
5. If BP is at fault for the oil problem and financially responsible for the cleanup, why does their big shot get to walk away with millions of dollars? Are they making him pay for anything??
6. Why are we spending millions of dollars on afterschool programs to decrease the “drop out” rate instead of spending millions of dollars on our public schools to improve them so kids don’t want to leave early?
7. If we have no idea how much money is being spent on “anti-terrorism” efforts and the government has no idea how much they are spending or in what areas, then why do we have to keep track of every dime we spend???
8. How in the world can we continue to respect a president who is such a media addict?
9. Is it my imagination or is Big Brother on every night of the week? Why?
10. Do I need to stop watching the news on television?
Have a great day!