we are deep into October-
1. There is a bowl of Halloween candy on my kitchen counter. I prefer dark chocolate like Dove or Bliss, but during October there is just something irresistible about those tiny packages. So this week we are eating little Heath bars and little Milk Duds and little Whoppers (is that an oxymoron?).
2. I bought new house slippers. My old ones were, well, old. Now I have black, fuzzy, comfy shoes for my cold toes to enjoy on winter mornings.
3. I made bread yesterday! Okay, tecnically the bread machine made it, but it was still good. All of you who have the time, effort, and oven for real bread can send me a loaf! I'll just rely on a mix and a machine to get me through the winter!
4. I drank hot chocolate last night. Mmmmmmmmm! I just developed a taste for hot chocolate a few years ago. Someone gave me a packet at work and I tried it. My current favorite is Nestle's Double Chocolate Meltdown. And Gayle, if you are reading this, I ask forgiveness for those years when I laughed about your "chocolate addiction". LOL
5. We had soup for lunch yesterday. I love soup! I usually keep six to eight cans of different soups in the pantry. Yes, cans. Again with the contempt. I feel it you know. :) I do not have the time or ability to make my own soup. And it is my civic duty to make sure that the hardworking folks at Progresso keep their jobs!
6. I have the urge to put a puzzle on the table this week! I have them stacked up, but haven't decided which one to do first. We keep a puzzle on the table for most of the winter and take turns putting in pieces.
Did you notice how many items concern food? That's my life and why I'm fat. LOL Just because I can't cook doesn't mean I have to suffer. And I do try to be healthier, but still enjoy eating. That bacon I had for breakfast was "low-sodium"! Have a great fall day!