This is the last day of vacation for me so I'm not really sane enough to write anything wonderful. The best word to describe my current mental state is "chaos", so I thought I would just write a few random thoughts. LOL More later.
1. I'm not much of a sports fan, so why do I find the Olympics so entertaining? Is it the hype and the hoopla? Is it the idea that those athletes are representing us? Is it the chance to watch a few sports I would otherwise never see? Thoughts to ponder this week as I try to squeeze in as much viewing as possible.
2. What is up with America's Got Talent? Some strange decisions last night. Lots of people I never want to see again are going on to the semi-finals. Did I ever mention that I'm an absolute sucker for talent shows?? Love them! Although I think some of the contestants should really get some new friends. I would have told a few of them long ago that they needed a new hobby.
3. I am NOT discussing Last Comic Standing because I am NOT happy with the outcome.
4. I've been watching way too much television lately. LOL
5. Remember the Mitch Miller Show? I used to sit up late to watch it.
6. My classroom is 80 percent ready to go. I'll finish today. Tweak a little next week. I have my class list. Starting out with seventeen wonderful students. My principal told me they are ALL brilliant and well-behaved. I'll go with that until they prove otherwise. :)
7. My granddaughter just returned from her vacation in California and posted some cute pictures on Facebook. Nice to be able to see them so quickly. And I'm so thankful for her safe return.
8. Saw on the news that one of our neighboring districts has a kindergarten supply list that costs $47! That's outrageous.
9. Looks like we may get some rain and I won't have to water the garden. That's one of my chores that has to be saved for late evenings once school starts. Just have tomatoes, watermelons, and sunflowers left. I've taken everything else out and put it in the compost heap.
10. One of my brothers is having some serious tests done. Please put him on your prayer list.
I warned you...chaos...I promise to get my act together by Sunday night.