Okay, I'm still fascinated by this concept of making a list of things you want to do while you are still on this earth. My daughter posted one on her blog and people across the country are doing the same thing. Why not me? I know I have to preface any plans with "if the Lord wills it", so let's assume that. I also know that my priorities might change in a couple of years, or even in a couple of months, so let's not carve these in stone tablets. However, I think this exercise forces you to stop for a few minutes and give some thought to whether you are living your life or just going along for the ride. If the following things are important to me, then I'd better make sure I'm doing something to make them happen.
Before I kick the bucket I want to:
1. attend my great-grand child's college graduation. (I don't have a great-grand child yet, so this requires not only longevity, but some cooperation from at least one of my grandchildren!)
2. write a book and have it published.
3. visit all fifty states. (I think my current count is 38.)
4. be in a movie. (I'm not after stardom here. I just want to be part of the process of making a movie-be allowed to watch how it's done. I'd love to be in one of those big historical productions with a thousand extras in costumes!)
5. walk in the Pacific ocean again.
6. create a scholarship fund for women over forty who want to go to college.
7. see a Broadway play.
8. have a fabulous garden.
9. be healthy, wealthy, and wise, all at the same time, for at least a month. LOL
10. write a blog read by 10,000 people!
By the time I get ready for bed tonight I'll think of at least ten other things that should be on my list and regret at least one thing that is on it. Such is the nature of us all.
Now, get busy and make your own list!