The Caddo Herald
February 28, 1902
About ten o’clock Wednesday night by a lamp explosion, the residence of Dr. G. B. Green burned. Dr. Green had just got home and was attempting to light the lamp, the accident occurred. Flames spread fast and few of the household goods were saved. Hard heroic work was necessary to save the dwelling of W. F. Russell south. The rain early in the evening was a great factor in preventing the spread of the fire. We understand about $1000 insurance was carried.
Dr. G. B. Green and son and daughter, Macon and Edna, desire to thank those generous Caddo people who assisted them in the fire Wednesday night which destroyed their home.
September 26, 1902
John Droke has purchased the lot on which the residence of Dr. G. B. Green stood and is now building a neat home.