The Caddo Herald
September 1, 1911
School Site Selected
The board of Trustees of this school district have selected a site in South Heights Addition, just west of the new home of S. W. Maytubby on which to erect the new public school building.
The site covers an entire block, about four acres, and was contributed by W. F. Semple. It is one of the highest points in or near town and is an ideal location for the school. It is convenient for many town people and for a large number of those who live outside of town.
The building plans have arrived and show an elegant house, one with all modern conveniences including gymnasium and auditorium.
As soon as the bonds have been approved the contract will be let and doubtless the building may be used before this term of school is finished.