I’m always working on a variety of projects: family research, Caddo history, murder mysteries, business profiles, etc. Once in a while I try to stop and ask for help because I know many of you have family Bibles, notes, letters, and other documents in your closets and attics that might answer many of my questions. So here are a few of my current questions:
- Does anyone know the location of Bryant’s prairie or the origin of the name? I have a vague description of it as “eight miles south from Caddo”. It’s mentioned as a specific place in 1894 and again in 1922.
- When and where did Frances Brannan January, wife of Judge J. H. January die?
- Does anyone have a copy of the Traveler’s Protective Association “Indian Territory Special Edition” magazine from 1906? A newspaper article said 1,000 were provided for Durant. Surely all of those weren’t tossed in the trash.
- When was the McCoy building on the northeast corner of Main and Buffalo (Caddo) torn down?
- Can anyone identify the person in this photo?