The Caddo Herald
March 8, 1940
Boone and Styron, Oldest Firm in Town
A notice in this week’s Herald officially announces the fact of the dissolution of the partnership of Boone and Styron, a Caddo firm that has existed 32 years, having been formed in 1908 and in Caddo have been in the same building all that period of time.
Ten years ago this firm established a store in Konawa, H. T. Styron going there to be in charge. Eight years ago they established a store in Atoka, James Boone taking charge.
Everyone in this part of the state knows of Boone and Styron. For all these years this firm has supplied dry goods to the people of this vicinity, being always carful to sell only first class goods.
The firm prospered with the town, did its share in building Caddo and vicinity and could be depended on at all times to do more than its part.
The business will continue at the old stand but we shall all miss the name of Harry Styron in connection with it in Caddo.
While Styron has not exactly severed diplomatic relations, he will not be with the Caddo firm any more, though he promises to come to see us some time.
Until we accustomed to it we shall miss the old firm.
The store will continue without change of policy in Caddo as heretofore, and in Atoka the store will be managed by the same force. Nothing but the firm name is changed.