The Caddo Herald
January 4, 1924
Lingo-Leeper Company Buys Lyon-Gray Yard
A trade was consummated this week whereby the Lingo-Leeper Lumber Company became the owner of the Lyon-Gray Lumber Company’s yard and business in Caddo.
Mr. Chiles contemplates consolidation of the yards as soon as possible, though for the present both yards will be open.
This gives the Lingo-Leeper Company three yards- two in Caddo and one in Kenefick. The main office is in Denison.
Mr. T. O. Lafferty, who has been manager of the Lyon-Gray offices here several years, has not made known his plans, but he expects to continue with the company, perhaps at Commerce, Texas, as Lyon-Gray has several lumber yards at Texas points.
Caddo will regret to lose Mr. Lafferty and family as citizens, but will wish them well wherever they go.