The Caddo Herald
April 23, 1926
Clubwomen Meeting to be of Their Best
Citizens of Caddo will do everything in their power to entertain the clubwomen of the seventh district of the state federation when they hold their third annual convention her April 28, 29, and 30. The three hostess clubs- Civic, Women’s and Music- will have the cooperation of the Lions’ club, all civic organizations, and of the people of the town generally, in making the convention a success.
Among the social affairs which are planned for the meeting will be a reception for the visitors on the evening of April 28 and a dinner at the high school on April 29. The delegates to the convention and all convention visitors will be entertained in the homes of the Caddo clubwomen.
Caddo can be reached easily from this district. Katy trains arrive from the north at noon and at 2:40pm and from the south at 1pm. Buses come from Durant and Atoka hourly. Caddo is on the Jefferson Highway and King of Trails; and a great many visitors probably will drive here if the weather is favorable.
Caddo’s three women’s clubs are pioneers in the district. The Women’s Club was organized in 1900 and federated in 1902. It is a study club and shortly after its organization, established a library. This library today is a splendid one and is of much benefit.
The Music Club was organized and federated in 1905. The organization promotes interest in the study of music, sponsors a junior music club, and aids in the extension of public school and community music.
The Civic Club, organized in 1905 and federated in 1910, has fifty active members working for civic and charity interests. The care and improvement of the cemetery is one of this club’s special projects. Recently a number of tree and flowers have been planted in the school yards.