The Caddo Herald
October 11, 1901
Work began this week on the new Methodist Church South building. It will be located on the lot south of Ira L. Smith’s residence and the plans call for an elegant structure, both in design, size, and finish. It will be one of the prettiest and most modern church edifices in the territory when finished, and we understand the work will be speedily rushed to completion. The need of the church building is felt every day. There is not a building in the town that helps it more than church buildings. They are signs of civilization.
It is also the desire of prominent members of this church that this town be made a station at the next Conference, instead of being a circuit. The increase in membership and size of the town warrants this action and it is thought their petition will be favorably acted upon.