From time to time I feel that I should remind you that the Bryan County Library and Archives operates on a small budget and is dependent on book sales, fund raisers, and donations. Last May they had a successful fund raiser and were able to purchase some new microfilm:
- Chickasaw Nat’l Records, Pickens Co., 1887-1906, vols. 50-52; 55-56;61-62. (probates, wills, permits, marriage licenses, land sales, etc.)
- United States Courts, District Court Ardmore, I. T. (mostly probate, 1895-1907)
- United States Courts, Southern District, I. T.; Tishomingo, OK, 1902-07 (estates and heirs)
- United States District Courts, South McAlester, I. T. (marriage records June 1890-Sept. 1893)
- Durant Weekly News, Jan. 1916-Sept. 1916
- Bryan Co. Star, Jan. 1981-1983
- Caddo Herald, Jan. 1938-April 1940; May 24, 1946
You know that I will be closely examining those last three rolls! I’m especially happy to get Caddo Herald from 1938-1940.
There are four new books available for purchase:
The Colbert Times, 1917-18 and The Kenefick Dispatch 1914-19…..$25.00
Highland Cemetery Records, Durant, Bryan County, Oklahoma, January 1, 1992-December 31, 2010…$25.00
United States District Court, Ardmore, I. T. 1901-1902, Court Journal 15, Roll USC 28, Vol. 1…$25.00
Probate Index 1, Glenn J. Shaine, county judge, index of probate records…$20.00
And of course my two books are available:
Persevering on the Prairie (Caddo history and newspaper abstractions)…$35.00
Fat Men and Fabulous Ladies (family and individual histories and newspaper abstractions)…$35.00
Postage and handling for books is $3.50 for the first one and $1 for each additional book.
The library is located on the corner of Ryan and McKinley in Calera, Oklahoma. Their mailing address is P. O. Box 153, Calera, OK 74730-0153. Phone 580-434-5848 for more information.