The Caddo Herald
July 25, 1913
Christian Church Dedicated
Last Sunday at 10:30 a.m. a large crowd assembled at the new building of the Christian church to hear the Dedication services. The treasurer of the board of trustees reported that $4,000 would have to be raised in order to be dedicated free of debt and Bro. Geo. L. Snively of Lewistown, Ill. , who was in charge, proceeded to call for pledges on a five year basis and the ball was started rolling by the president of Loyal Women’s Bible Class, pledging for her class $800 to be paid in annual payments covering a period of five years, and following that several others pledged individually $500, $250 and on down to as low at $10- raising in all $5,700.00.
In the afternoon a Union Memorial service was held and the struggles of the church in Caddo as experienced by all the members present was related. The Presbyterians were ably represented by S. W. Maytubby, who made a nice talk, outlining the struggles of the churches in Caddo as he had seen them for many years past.
All ate of the basket dinner spread on the Manning lawn and rejoiced together over the success of the day.
At the services at night the building was dedicated to be used for the house of God, where all people could assemble and worship together and carry into effect the Lord’s prayer for Christian union.