The Caddo Herald
November 11, 1921
Fire Guts Building Sunday Morning
About 6 o’clock Sunday morning fire was discovered in the building occupied by Hodges & Roach barber shop and A. T. Hatcher, butcher. The alarm was sounded and telephones used so that soon the fire company appeared and proceeded to put out the blaze.
By this means the fire was confined to the building, though the contents were so badly damaged as to be worthless.
The loss is estimated at $3,000 with only a little insurance.
Mr. Hatcher does not know yet whether he will resume business or not.
No one knows how the fire started.
The building was owned by J. L. Hull and carried $1,500.00 insurance.
The roof and fire wall of the bakery was damaged a little in the efforts to get at the blaze.