The Caddo Herald
July 15, 1921
Luther Trout Badly Hurt by Live Wire
Monday afternoon about 3 o'clock Luther Trout was badly burned by a live wire at the Oil Mill office. First aid was quickly administered, and he was taken home, where doctors succeeded in restoring him in less than an hour.
Luther had been sent to repair a broken wire on the Oil Mill office. Somehow he got a shock which caused him to fall from a ladder and it seems in falling he grabbed the other wire, and holding these, fell to the ground where passersby quickly rescued him from his danger. Both hands were badly burned by the wires, and he was unconscious some time.
Luckily it was only a 110-volt line, else he might have been more seriously hurt.