The Caddo Herald
Friday, October 16th, 1936
New Freeny Home is One of the Finest in Bryan County
The new Freeny home on the Freeny place eight miles east of Caddo is one of the finest in all Southeastern Oklahoma.
The outer walls are of pine logs treated for termites and against weather, laid in solid concrete. Eight large rooms, with two large halls, a screened back porch and large sleeping porch, concrete cellar, are some of its advantages.
The finish is of the finest in every room, plastered walls and quartered floors. A large cedar lined closet guards against the moths and other insects that have a penchant for destroying clothes and quits and things.
The home has every modern convenience. Large fireplaces for heat, compressed gas for cooking and ice maker. Water is supplied by an overhead tank in the yard. Convenient out buildings serve as stables and a garage. Walks are of a brown native flagstone.
The home is tastefully furnished throughout with the best to be found.
This new home serves as the home of Mrs. R.C. Freeny and for R.T. Stuart and his wife, a daughter of Mrs. Freeny, who live in Oklahoma City, but who make frequent visits to the old place as Mr. Stuart has about three sections of land in that community, on which he is raising much fine stock.
The whole farm is fenced in good wire, with the best cedar posts, eight feet high.
Mr. Stuart evidences faith in this part of Bryan county by his large investment. A visit to the place is quite a treat, and these hospitable people are always glad to have visitors come to see them.
Verily, this old place "ain't what she used to be".