During the course of my research it is quite common for me to read a tiny bit of information that leads to more research, that leads...well you get the idea. Today I'm listing some interesting items that I read recently. Some have been in previous posts, but you may have overlooked them. If you have any more information about these people, events, or places, please let me know.
1. William H. Ainsworth (died in 1911) lists a property in his will known as the "Williams House" hotel.
2. R.T. Lynch, barber, was shot and killed in his barber shop in 1903 by an unknown assailant.
3. 300 troops from Ft. Sill rode to Caddo to catch a train and travel north to avenge the death of Custer.
4. Frederick Grant, son of President Grant, once spent the night at the Sims Hotel in Caddo.
5. Federal troops stopped the Caddo Banner from publishing because the editor advocated opening Oklahoma to settlement.
6. The "Western Oil Company" was based in Caddo and Amos K. Bass was the president.
7. There was a Baptist church building on South main street.