page 85 of
History of the Wheel and Alliance and the Impending Revolution
by W. Scott Morgan 1968
The Wheel in Indian Territory
The first subordinate Wheel was organized by J. H. Bogard, Fannin county Texas, at Bennington, a country church twenty miles east of Caddo, August 2, 1886. Mr. Bogard went into the Territory at the solicitation of A. H. Nuttall and organized two Wheels. Mr. Nuttall was then appointed deputy organizer, and in a few weeks had organized twelve other Wheels. Delegates from these met at Caddo, April 1, 1887, and organized a Territorial Wheel with the following officers: President, A. H. Nuttall, Vice-President, M.M. Impson, Secretary, H. C. Bouton, Treasurer, Wiley Stewart, Chaplain, M. C. Clark. In November 1886, the Blue County Wheel organized and adopted a store in Caddo. The store consisted of a small grocery, the larger houses refusing to have anything to do with the Wheelers. This store, owned by C.A. Hancock, a shrewd young business man in Caddo, was subsequently enlarged and a good stock of dry goods and farming implements added. In the meantime the Wheel continued to prosper. The first annual meeting of the Territorial Wheel was held at Pleasant Hill, July 27, 1887. All the deputy organizers made favorable reports and much important business was transacted. The second annual meeting of the Territorial Wheel met at Kiowa July 25, 1888. About one hundred delegates were present. A. H. Nuttall was re-elected President, Gus C. Schueler, Vice-President, D. S. Ivins, Secretary, W. G. Ward, Treasurer. At a called meeting at Caddo, October 1, 1888, J. W. B. Lloyd was elected a delegate to the National Wheel at Meridian, Mississippi. The Wheel in Indian Territory deserves great credit for its success.
*To read more about the Agricultural Wheel or the Farmers' Alliance go to Wikipedia.